May has been a month of highs and lows, and that’s before we even think about the vineyard.
Yet we’ve done a lot of venturing into the vines, at Bauduc and beyond. As you can see below, it’s shaping up to be a most unusual year. The crucial flowering – that’s Pavie, above, sniffing a bunch of flowering Merlot last night – is taking place right now..
This was sent to friends on our mailing list
- The frost map of Bordeaux
- ’Modern but with an air of rural’
- Rural, part 2: ’What to drink’ in Country Life
- Wine and Brexit at the London Wine Fair
- Bordeaux en primeur trundles on
- Bordeaux 2016 en primeur – what to buy
- Farewell to a top dog